The art of aquarium keeping has been into practice since the Roman period. It is since then only that people started to have the hobby of aquariums and fish keeping. Earlier aquarists had a hard time figuring out how to keep fishes safe and alive. Later, the problem of fish keeping was resolved and finally, an aquarium was created successfully. Nowadays, building an aquarium and keeping fishes have become a very popular hobby. Not only a hobby, people these days use aquariums as an iconic showpiece for their homes as well. We are lucky that fish keeping today has become very easy.
Anybody can build a beautiful tank for fishes with just a little knowledge and can give a chance to their hobby. There are several websites that guide you in the building of an aquarium for your house. If you are an aquarium enthusiast and possess the passion for fish keeping then you need to visit comeintothewater.com. This website provides you with the best solution. It helps the biginnerss to get started with their hobby eliminating confusions.
Setting up an Aquarium
Once you have bought the aquarium for your home, some basic steps are needed to be done that are same for everyone. They are:
- Rinse: You need to wash the stuff that you are going to put in your aquarium thoroughly. This stuff includes pebbles, stones, rocks, gravels and ornaments.
- Flood: After the cleaning has been performed, you need to flood your aquarium with water. Don’t put too much water. Fill it up to such an extent that all the substrate gets covered. Use clean water to flood your tank and the water should be at room temperature. Buy a new bucket to pour water into the tank and use it for this purpose only.
- Planting trees: Now is the time to plant trees whether you plant the fake trees or the original ones. Make sure that there is enough water for the plants to survive. Fishes like to swim under the trees so place the trees accordingly. After placing the trees, you can fill your tank up leaving an air gap between the water and the surface of the cover.
- Placing filters: Now is the time to set up a filter. There are filters of different configurations so it is best to refer to a manual before placing it.
- Place heater: If your tank setup needs a heater then you should place the heater now. Desired temperature should be set before placing it inside. This temperature is based on the fish species that you are planning to place in your aquarium.
- Add useful bacteria: after placing proper heat, plant and filter now is the time to place fish. Before placing the fish, it is very necessary to add useful bacteria that are responsible for breaking down the harmful waste produced by the fish and other water animals into harmless substances.